Flawless Hairstyle For a Brides Fairy Tale Day – Aurelio Salon in New Jersey
To a bride, finding a flawless hairstyle for their fairy tale day can be a headache. Some tend to imagine that a dramatic change is necessary in order for them to achieve the perfect look. Tying the knot comes with planning that can take a significant amount of time, but with the right steps and preparation (maybe some Advil) your hair will be flawless.
- Create a relationship. To begin, you want to build a hair relationship with your stylist. Be sure to make regular appointments in order for them to get to know your hair. Over time they will learn your personal style/personality, hair type, and face shape – all of which will contribute to your wedding day hair.
- Always, always, always do a practice run. It is an additional cost, but it is money well spent. This allows you to see what your hair will look like the day of and if there is anything that needs to be adjusted. Bring in pictures of looks you do like, but also bring in pictures of styles you do not like. By doing so, this will help you and your stylist communicate. Take pictures of the finished product and wear the style for the day if possible to see how it holds up.
- Give yourself plenty of time! Give yourself plenty of time! Give yourself plenty of time!
- Be Yourself. Make sure you feel like yourself on your wedding day. If you stray from what you’re comfortable with, trust me, most likely you will be uncomfortable in your own skin. If you are known for having short hair – keep it! Bridal hair doesn’t always have to mean long hair.
- SPEAK UP! If you are unhappy with the direction of the style or pins are pulling to tight where they have been placed, let your stylist know. They are there to help you and it is much easier to adjust the style while working – changing things around once finished is not so easy.
- Once you make a choice don’t change it, most of the time it does not work out. Many times a bride will do a trial run and love it! On the day of the wedding they come in, they have a totally different look they want. The stylist creates the new look and the bride does not like it , now they are stressing because of time. In the end it is the style they had during the trial that the bride ends up with.
- Think of the weather. Keep the time of year in mind. If it’s a hot time of year go with an updo. Very few people love the combination of humidity and hair.
Being beautified on your big day should be relaxing for you and keeping these tips in mind will help you know that you will love the results of your hair.
Jessica R, a senior stylist at Aurelio Salon in Howell, has been creating outstanding hairstyles for the last 6 years. After a lot of hard work and many lovely brides, her work was featured in Contemporary Brides. With her experience of being behind the chair, she has learned a few key points to achieve great bridal hair. If you are a Bride searching for a Hairstylist come in and ask for Jessica.